Book Details: Title: Mudras for Beginners: Your Ultimate Beginners Guide to using Simple Hand Gestures Author: Advait Series: Mudra Healing Series Book 1 Genre: Self-help Publication Date: May 18th, 2015 My Thoughts on the Book While I am somewhat aware of the concept […]
Are you looking for a little book filled with happiness? Then let me introduce you to Bite Size Happiness – Volume 1 by Jarls Forsman and Steve Sekhon Bite Size Happiness is filled with tiny nuggets of beautiful wisdom, that range from profound to simply […]
Hi everyone! I got a quick and steamy standalone romance novel for you today! Crashing Together is as hot as this summer is already, so I hope you are prepared! No worries, the excerpt below is pretty tame, all the real hot stuff is waiting for you to be read, when you get yourself a copy
You could also enter in the giveaway at the end of this post, and see if you can win a signed copy!
Title: Crashing Together
Author: Lyssa Cole
Publication date: May 30th, 2019
Genres: Adult, Contemporary, Romance
It’s an age-old story….
A summer fling….
A temporary thing…
His name was Cole and I couldn’t resist him. He was everything a girl could want in a summer romance. A hot, tanned, surfer with blonde hair and blue eyes… oh and let’s not forget about all those muscles and the six-pack I couldn’t stop staring at.
We agreed to just sex. Lots of sex. Lots of fun. No titles, no relationship, and certainly no love.
Until the sex started to feel like something else.
Something way more…
But for him?
It was still just sex.
Until it wasn’t.
Until everything, we didn’t mean to build unraveled in a heap of secrets, lies, and broken trust.
We came crashing together but will our summer fling survive the waves?
“You’re in over your head and you know it.” Leigh lifts her frozen margarita to her lips and eyes me over the sugar rim.
“I am not.” I roll my eyes and look around the smoky bar. I don’t know why I even let Leigh talk me into coming here. It’s dark, a little sketchy, and the millions of fog machines fill the place with smoke so thick you’d think they allowed cigarettes in here.
Related Post: Yesterday’s Giveaway!
“You’re in denial, Addi. You can’t even look at me.”
I snap my eyes back to her. “It’s hard to see with all this smoke.” I wave my hand around for dramatic effect. I’m so in denial but she doesn’t need to know that.
Leigh laughs and rolls her eyes. “Yeah okay girl, whatever you say.”
“The drinks are delicious though.” I raise my glass before bringing to my lips to it, licking the sugar rim.
It’s as if a storm is brewing, ready to take over at any minute, inside my belly. Awake at night, I stare at the ceiling as it flips and twists, growing worse.
The storm named Cole.
He fills my bloodstream, running through my veins, and follows me everywhere I go. No matter what I do, I can’t stop it.
I was a fool thinking I could and I’m a fool now as I sit here and let it happen.
I’m falling hopelessly in love with Cole.
It’s unreal, consuming, and lighting me on fire from within.
I’ve never felt anything like it before. The more I see him, the more I want. And Leigh is absolutely correct.
I’m in over my fucking head.
Lyssa Cole has been in love with books for as long as she can remember. Escaping into a story is her favorite pastime. Wanting to be a writer for a couple years, she is now crafting her own stories. She loves to write sweet & sexy romance with lots of heat and some suspense to keep you guessing and wanting to turn that page! She lives in Southeastern Mass with her two kids and two dogs. Lover of coffee, all things chocolate, & always the avid reader, you can keep up with Lyssa Cole by subscribing to her newsletter here: https://www.lyssacolebooks.com/bio.
Welcome to my introduction to the best new fantasy novel (in my opinion, lol) High King of Britain, by Tracy Cooper-Posey. If you love anything related to King Arthur, and historical romances, then you will fall in love with this novel as much as I […]
Adult Paranormal Romance Novels are without a doubt one of my favorite type of fiction books – and when I discover an amazing new addition to this genre, then I am compelled to let you (and everyone within earshot) hear about it! After all, what […]
Title: Self-Discipline For Writers
Author: Martin Meadows
Publication Date: May 1st, 2019
Genre: creative self-help, writing
Publisher: Amazon Digital Services
No matter if you are a novelist, write non-fiction, or are a blogger, lacking the motivation to write as much as we should, happens to the best of us. It is imperative, however, that we stay consistent in our efforts, even if the world around us pulls us in many directions, and we are confronted with so many distractions.
This newly released motivational book writing guide, Self-Discipline For Writers, provides a large number of tips and tricks that are easy to implement, thankfully. The last thing I wanted or needed, when I picked up this book, was an Author to tell me another complex ritual, or action that I had to take, that was hard to follow through over the long run. After all, I can motivate myself without any problem over a short period of time – I am looking for something that will keep me going when that initial burst of energy wears off, and I would rather spend the next few hours watching Marvel movies.
My Thoughts On The Book:
Self-Discipline for Writers basically contains the usual standard self-help information, but with a twist: it is packaged so that it will fit the process of writing in particular. Which is why I do find it useful, but not earth-moving. This is probably because I read a lot of self-help book, which means, that it seems at times like they are repeating the same stuff over and over again, just packaged differently a lot of times. There is merit in that though. Explaining a concept, even if widely known in a different way, maybe exactly the way a reader needs to hear certain information, in order for it to be transformational. I have had that experience more than once, even if it was not the case while reading this book.
Related Article: Conquering Procrastination: Help Yourself With These Books
However, I did enjoy the fact that this book is without any fluff. I am with the Author here – there is a lot of rambling going on, and a lot of storytelling when it comes to self-help books, which distracts often from the simple message of how to improve whatever aspect of life you are currently working on.
Quick Book Summary And Highlights
- The Author states that, if you don’t enjoy the process of writing, then you are not going to be motivated to write. (while I truly enjoy the writing process, this will not necessarily apply to all bloggers, and especially content marketers, who have to produce a lot of content, but not necessarily enjoy the process of writing – for them, it is a necessary evil, but it often shows in the amount of content or quality of content, they produce)
- The more you enjoy the subject you are writing about, the more smoothly it will flow (a sentiment, I highly agree with)
- Don’t fall into the trap of believing that writing with the motivation of money is a bad thing – it is easier to be creative when your needs are met.
- choose a niche, that you love to read, and that flows easier for you – that does not mean that you can not change your genre later, but start with what suits you now.
- if money is your motivation, make sure that you don’t choose a genre that has a too small of an audience (or too broad of one)
- read a lot in your genre, and note what you specifically like or dislike about these types of books
- use the frameworks and structures of the writing as a framework, to ease your ability to produce your work, but do not become a slave to them
- develop a solid work ethic – daily work count/hours, avoid burnout by being realistic,
- create writing routines (a good book about forming and sticking to habits and routines is Atomic Habit, which I highly recommend!)
- find the best – most productive writing time that works for you – not for what works for others! (I also thought this was important to note. Everyone’s life is different and therefore there should not be a specific time, you force yourself into writing, just because someone said that you have to work early in the morning to produce your best work. If you are not a morning person, don’t participate in the #5amwriting community on twitter!)
- Create a pre-writing ritual – something that tells your brain now that it is time to write
- don’t edit while writing (such a simple tip, but such an important truth!!!!)
- overcome your limiting beliefs – such as the myth of age, gender, background, and turn them into your assets
- manage your energy level, by paying attention to your health, your diet, your sleep, and other factors that can impede or improve your ability to perform at your best level of energy.
- be aware of your reasons behind writing in the first place, and revisit those reasons often
- eliminate the contact with naysayers, by not talking about your book project whenever possible (of course, that is outside of your actual support groups, such as a writer group, or the one person you can talk to about everything. However, this group should be small, because the larger amount of people you tell, the larger the chance is, that you will encounter people who will work against your best interests, even if they think they have your best interest at heart – this is important with every project you engage in, not just writing)
- limit the number of projects that you work on at the same time
- create a system where you can keep your ideas (carry a notebook, or have an app, that you can write on and dictate to, on the go)
- remember to treat your writing career as a business (the rest of the book deals with business practices that make a lot of sense, but not much about the discipline of writing a book)
One of the aspects of Self-Discipline For Writers, that I really enjoyed was that each chapter ends with a small summary of the main points, which makes it very useful as a quick reference guide. I wish more non-fiction authors would follow this example
4 out of 5 Stars
What is your biggest hurdle to staying motivated while working on your writing projects, may it be blogging or writing a book? I am looking forward to hearing from you!
Do you have a five-year plan? That may sound like a weird question to ask someone on a book review site, but if you have made long term plans, and see them fall through, after putting a lot of energy in the completion of […]
I have another excerpt for you! Today, you can read a snippet of the about the be released young adult novel I Spy The Boy Next Door by Samantha Armstrong! And yes, the book is already available for pre-order, so you can make sure that […]
Today, we are taking a trip to Las Vegas – well, not in real life, of course, but via this newly released Paranormal Romance called Eye of the Hurrican by Ophelia Bell. Just like Sin City, though, this novel is not for those looking for a clean ride – however, if you like your fun hot, then you will love this new book!
And after reading your excerpt of this hot new novel, enter the giveaway for a 15 Dollar Amazon gift card, and your chance to get a signed copy of Eye of the Hurricane! Info is at the end of the post!
Title: Eye of the Hurricane
Author: Ophelia Bell
Series: ((A Fate’s Fools Novella: Breath of Air Collection) )
Publication date: April 30th, 2019
Genres: Adult, Paranormal, Romance
My name is Aella, and Fate wants me dead.
According to entertainment news, I’m the Angel of the Las Vegas Strip, the most sold-out singer at the Pandemonium Casino. According to the higher races—who I didn’t even know existed up till now—I’m part of the bloodline, which means I’m part-human, part-something else.
It also means I’m a threat to Fate’s precious balance.
To protect me from Fate’s wrath, three demigods have taken it upon themselves to act as my guardians—and lovers. But with the hounds of Fate nipping at my heels, can the Winds tear themselves away from their sibling rivalry over my affections long enough to keep me safe?
And why do I have to choose?
“So you’re some kind of wind magician?” I asked, astounded that I’d even suggested magic was real. And yet when I said it, I knew I was on the right track.
Over the past few weeks, I’d seen more and more things that just seemed out of the ordinary in a way that went beyond normal human weirdness. Even a place like the Vegas Strip had its limits for the odd and unexplained. What I’d seen recently was more… supernatural.
Baird took a step toward me, closing the distance. “No, Aella,” he said, gripping the jumpsuit bunched at my hips and pushing it down. “I am the wind.”
He wrapped his arms around me and picked me up, and in one smooth motion, he spun us and leaped off the ledge overlooking Las Vegas.
I yelped in surprise, clinging to him when I realized we had just dived off the Stratosphere without a fucking harness.
“I’ve got you,” he said as we plummeted.
“Yeah, but who the fuck has you?” I blurted, my voice pitched close to panic, then broke into hysterical laughter when I realized I’d just channeled Lois Lane. My secret admirer was fucking Superman.
A snapping noise like sails in the wind hit my ears and I opened my eyes again, but instead of the sky behind Baird’s shoulder, there was a pair of enormous wings feathered in shades of deep gray and striped with white. They beat with slow, strong strokes, and the wind cascaded across my back as we rose higher into the air, soaring away from the Stratosphere and over the Las Vegas Strip.
Ophelia Bell loves a good bad-boy and especially strong women in her stories. Women who aren’t apologetic about enjoying sex and bad boys who don’t mind being with a woman who’s in charge, at least on the surface, because pretty much anything goes in the bedroom.
Ophelia grew up on a rural farm in North Carolina and now lives in Los Angeles with her own tattooed bad-boy husband and four attention-whoring cats.
Hi there, everyone! After a few days away from blogging, I am back to share with you some more awesome books, you really need to read. Today, I have a suspense novel for you – so if you like crime stories, then you should […]